Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cupcakes, Muffins & Oatmeal Bars






I baked so many treats this time because I had a bunch of extra fruit left over and I was leaving on vacation the same week. I didn't want to have them go to waste, so I worked with what I had. I made Key Lime cupcakes, Banana Nut muffins, Blackberry muffins, and Plum Raspberry oatmeal bars. They were all fun and pretty easy to make. The oatmeal bars are always a hit. Enjoy!

Key lime Cupcakes:

1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tbsp of key lime zest

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Take out, let cool.

Key Lime Frosting:

1/2 cup earth balance
1/2 cup shortening
3 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 half key lime juice, half soy milk
1 tbsp of key lime zest

Banana Nut Muffins:

These are the BEST banana nut muffins I've ever had. Unfortunately I got the recipe from my good friend Gaby. She asked me to keep the recipe a secret. Sorry!

Blackberry Muffins:

2 cups of flour
3 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup brown sugar
egg replacer- one egg
(I used about 1 1/4 cups of blackberries
feel free to add less though)
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Take out, let cool.

Raspberry Plum Oatmeal Bars:

This is a great recipe I got from a cook book that I have at home. I'll have to fill this in later.

Happy Baking!

2 comments: