Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Vegan Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!

I made these for my friend Jon. He demanded that they be ice cream cone cupcakes. I made them confetti too! I'm so nice.

So anyway, I started out using a plain wafer ice cream cone
Then you make the cupcake batter of your choice to put in them. I just made a simple vanilla cupcake and added rainbow jimmies (sprinkles) to the batter.

Simple Vegan Vanilla Cupcake:
1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4-5 tbsp of rainbow jimmies

Preheat oven to 350. Put the ice cream cones standing upright in a regular cupcake pan. Fill each cone 3/4th of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, and test with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, take them out and let them cool completely. If not, leave them in for a few more minutes.

For the frosting i just made simple vegan chocolate and vanilla frosting, put them half and half in a piping bag and piped them on top to look similar to ice cream.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment